Sunday, March 3, 2013

Philippine Beaches: Anawangin, Nagsasa and Subic

I've just been to the beach last month and here I am, again, wanting to dip myself into one. El Nido could have halted this strong longing but last year a beach is no where in sight! So, on that note, I am now reminiscing the beaches I've  been to for the last 5 years.

First off, the beaches of Zambales.

Anawangin Cove
San Antonio, Zambales facing South China Sea

Anawangin was then a secret place for mountaineers, like me. After traversing Mt. Anawangin from Pundaquit, we can soak up the sun lying on a beautiful beach with almost nobody in sight! But today this cove is no secret.

Serene

Pine tree lined beach

Beautiful

Nearby breakwater

At sundown

Photos taken in 2008. Credits to Welmar Rugas and MJ Cahandig.

Nagsasa Cove
San Antonio, Zambales facing South China Sea

Another secluded beach in San Antonio Zambales. When Anawangin cove became famous as a weekend getaway, people who wants much less swarmed beaches moved further southwards. An almost total replica of Anawangin.

Blue is the color of peace

The contrast and depth is amazing

Sun-dried fishes are the best

Rockies

Chillin', sa aking duyan

Photos taken in 2009.

Subic
Subic Bay, Zambales

An industrialized beach I may say. As a former US Naval Base, the bay has grown to have that Americanized commercial feel. American expatriates, locals and tourists alike enjoys the beach's nightlife.

The Marina lighthouse

I wonder what are those for?

The Marina

Scorching hot!

Photos taken in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment