Saturday, January 8, 2011

The 53rd Grammy's!



The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards is just around the corner! It is exactly 36 days, 13 hours, 19 minutes and 26 seconds before it happens on the 13th of February 8PM (ET/ PT) on CBS (Just don't know which local television network will air it). The moment I knew that the nominees are out I immediately browsed their site just to find out that Alicia Keys is not nominated! Damn, is there some kind of technicalities on why her album The Element of Freedom and her songs were not recognized. Like were those not released in the period wherein the Grammy committee will be choosing? Upon scrutinizing, I found out that she was not really nominated, because it is released within the eligibility period for the 53rd Grammy's, which is September '09 to August '10. Too bad, I'm in love with Love is Blind, Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart, Unthinkable (I'm Ready), Love is My Disease, Put It In a Love Song, This Bed and Almost There (an MJ remake). Anyways, here's a list of the major awards and my predictions... no make that "my bet".

Record Of The Year

1. NOTHIN' ON YOU
Track from: The Adventures Of Bobby Ray
B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars

2. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
Track from: Recovery
Eminem Featuring Rihanna

3. F*** YOU
Cee Lo Green

4. EMPIRE STATE OF MIND
Track from: The Blueprint 3
Jay-Z & Alicia Keys

5. NEED YOU NOW
Lady Antebellum
Track from: Need You Now

My bet: Empire State of Mind or Need You Now


Album Of The Year

1. THE SUBURBS
Arcade Fire

2. RECOVERY
Eminem

3. NEED YOU NOW
Lady Antebellum

4. THE FAME MONSTER
Lady Gaga

5. TEENAGE DREAM
Katy Perry

My bet: Recovery


Song Of The Year

1. BEG STEAL OR BORROW
Ray LaMontagne, songwriter (Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs)

2. F*** YOU
Cee Lo Green, Philip Lawrence & Bruno Mars, songwriters (Cee Lo Green)

3. THE HOUSE THAT BUILT ME
Tom Douglas & Allen Shamblin, songwriters (Miranda Lambert)

4. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE

Alexander Grant, Holly Hafferman & Marshall Mathers,

songwriters (Eminem Featuring Rihanna)

5. NEED YOU NOW
Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley & Hillary Scott, songwriters (Lady Antebellum)
My bet: Need You Now


Best New Artist

1. JUSTIN BIEBER

2. DRAKE

3. FLORENCE & THE MACHINE

4. MUMFORD & SONS

5. ESPERANZA SPALDING

My bet: Drake


Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

1. KING OF ANYTHING
Sara Bareilles

2. HALO (LIVE)
Beyoncé

3. CHASING PIRATES
Norah Jones

4. BAD ROMANCE
Lady Gaga

5. TEENAGE DREAM
Katy Perry

My bet: King of Anything


Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

1. HAVEN'T MET YOU YET
Michael Bublé

2. THIS IS IT
Michael Jackson

3. WHATAYA WANT FROM ME
Adam Lambert

4. JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
Bruno Mars

5. HALF OF MY HEART
John Mayer

My bet: a toss between Half of My Heart and Just The Way You Are


Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

1. DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' (REGIONALS VERSION)
Glee Cast

2. MISERY
Maroon 5

3. THE ONLY EXCEPTION
Paramore

4. BABYFATHER
Sade

5. HEY, SOUL SISTER (LIVE)
Train

My bet: The Only Exception

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

1. AIRPLANES, PART II
B.o.B, Eminem & Hayley Williams

2. IMAGINE
Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No 1, Jeff Beck & Oumou Sangare

3. IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD
Elton John & Leon Russell

4. TELEPHONE
Lady Gaga & Beyoncé

5. CALIFORNIA GURLS
Katy Perry & Snoop Dogg

My bet: California Gurls


Best Pop Vocal Album

1. MY WORLD 2.0
Justin Bieber

2. I DREAMED A DREAM
Susan Boyle

3. THE FAME MONSTER
Lady Gaga

4. BATTLE STUDIES
John Mayer

5. TEENAGE DREAM
Katy Perry

My bet: The Fame Monster


Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

1. READY TO START
Arcade Fire

2. I PUT A SPELL ON YOU
Jeff Beck & Joss Stone

3. TIGHTEN UP
The Black Keys

4. RADIOACTIVE
Kings Of Leon

5. RESISTANCE
Muse

My bet: Radioactive


Best Rock Song

1. ANGRY WORLD
Neil Young, songwriter (Neil Young)

2. LITTLE LION MAN
Ted Dwane, Ben Lovett, Marcus Mumford & Country Winston, songwriters (Mumford & Sons)

3. RADIOACTIVE
Caleb Followill, Jared Followill, Matthew Followill & Nathan Followill, songwriters (Kings Of Leon)

4. RESISTANCE
Matthew Bellamy, songwriter (Muse)

5. TIGHTEN UP
Dan Auerbach & Patrick Carney, songwriters (The Black Keys)

My bet: Radioactive


Best Female R&B Vocal Performance

1. GONE ALREADY
Faith Evans

2. BITTERSWEET
Fantasia

3. EVERYTHING TO ME
Monica

4. TIRED
Kelly Price

5. HOLDING YOU DOWN (GOING IN CIRCLES)
Jazmine Sullivan

My bet: Bittersweet


Best Male R&B Vocal Performance

1. SECOND CHANCE
El DeBarge

2. FINDING MY WAY BACK
Jaheim

3. WHY WOULD YOU STAY
Kem

4. WE'RE STILL FRIENDS
(Kirk Whalum &) Musiq Soulchild

5. THERE GOES MY BABY
Usher

My bet: There Goes My Baby


Best Urban/Alternative Performance

1. LITTLE ONE
Bilal

2. F*** YOU
Cee Lo Green

3. ORION
Carolyn Malachi

4. TIGHTROPE
Janelle Monáe & Big Boi

5. STILL
Eric Roberson

My bet: Fuck You!!!

Best R&B Song

1. BITTERSWEET
Charles Harmon & Claude Kelly, songwriters (Fantasia)

2. FINDING MY WAY BACK
Ivan "Orthodox" Barias, Curt Chambers, Carvin "Ransum" Haggins, Jaheim Hoagland & Miquel Jontel, songwriters (Jaheim)

3. SECOND CHANCE
E. Debarge & Mischke, songwriters (El DeBarge)

4. SHINE
John Stephens, songwriter (John Legend & The Roots)

5. WHY WOULD YOU STAY
K. Owens, songwriter (Kem)

My bet: Bittersweet

Best R&B Album

1. THE LOVE & WAR MASTERPEACE
Raheem DeVaughn

2. BACK TO ME
Fantasia

3. ANOTHER ROUND
Jaheim

4. WAKE UP!
John Legend & The Roots

5. STILL STANDING
Monica
My bet: Wake Up!


Best Contemporary R&B Album

1. GRAFFITI
Chris Brown

2. UNTITLED
R. Kelly

3. TRANSITION
Ryan Leslie

4. THE ARCHANDROID
Janelle Monáe

5. RAYMOND V RAYMOND
Usher

My bet: Raymond V. Raymond


Best Rap Solo Performance

1. OVER
Drake

2. NOT AFRAID
Eminem

3. HOW LOW
Ludacris

4. I'M BACK
T.I.

5. POWER
Kanye West

My bet: Over or Not Afraid


Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group

1. SHUTTERBUGG
Big Boi & Cutty
2. FANCY
Drake, T.I. & Swizz Beatz

3. ON TO THE NEXT ONE
Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz

4. MY CHICK BAD
Ludacris & Nicki Minaj

5. LOSE MY MIND
Young Jeezy & Plies
My bet: My Chick Bad


Best Rap/Sung Collaboration

1. NOTHIN' ON YOU
B.o.B & Bruno Mars

2. DEUCES
Chris Brown, Tyga & Kevin McCall

3. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
Eminem & Rihanna

4. EMPIRE STATE OF MIND
Jay-Z & Alicia Keys

5. WAKE UP! EVERYBODY
John Legend, The Roots, Melanie Fiona & Common

My bet: Empire State of Mind


Best Rap Song

1. EMPIRE STATE OF MIND
Shawn Carter, Angela Hunte, Burt Keyes, Alicia Keys, Jane't "Jnay" Sewell-Ulepic & Alexander Shuckburgh, songwriters (Sylvia Robinson, songwriter) (Jay-Z & Alicia Keys)

2. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
Alexander Grant, Holly Hafferman & Marshall Mathers, songwriters (Eminem & Rihanna)

3. NOT AFRAID
M. Burnett, J. Evans, Marshall Mathers, L. Resto & M. Samuels, songwriters (Eminem)

4. NOTHIN' ON YOU
Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine, Bruno Mars & Bobby Simmons Jr., songwriters (B.o.B & Bruno Mars)

5. ON TO THE NEXT ONE
Shawn Carter, J. Chaton & K. Dean, songwriters (G. Auge & X. De Rosnay, songwriters) (Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz)

My bet: Empire State of Mind

Best Rap Album

1. THE ADVENTURES OF BOBBY RAY
B.o.B

2. THANK ME LATER
Drake

3. RECOVERY
Eminem

4. THE BLUEPRINT 3
Jay-Z

5. HOW I GOT OVER
The Roots

My bet: Thank Me Later


Best Short Form Music Video

1. AIN'T NO GRAVE / THE JOHNNY CASH PROJECT
(Johnny Cash)

2. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE (EXPLICIT VERSION)
Eminem & Rihanna

3. STYLO
Gorillaz, Mos Def & Bobby Womack

4. F*** YOU
Cee Lo Green

5. BAD ROMANCE
Lady Gaga

My bet: Bad Romance


For a full list of nominees please click: http://www.grammy.com/nominees

No comments:

Post a Comment