Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's been a while... (Anawangin Cove)

It's been a while since i blogged my life. I missed it. As I've said on my last post I kind of found it hard to find time and sometimes if I had to do a full feature I have to give my full effort.

It's around 12NN now and I'm super bored, it's my off today and I really can't think of anything to do. I don't want to go out in this kind of weather, sunny humid shit. You'd be smelling like a cow in minutes of standing under the direct heat of the freaking sun.

Well anyways, what have I been doing? I'm working as a cathlab nurse in St. Luke's Medical Center as of now. Why can't I write alongside career? I can actually but the previous months have been tough, slight change of lifestyle and routine. One can say a 360 degree turn.

It started when I was still working as a customer support representative, I was invited by my friend Abi to a 'despedida' party organized by the cathlab personnel St. Luke's. There I knew about this 'cathlab thing' and got super interested and applied for a vacant position immediately on a working day. This was around October and the formal training was started September, we were 6 then (with my bestfriend Ellaine). It was a three month training of hardwork and perseverance. On our third month a 7th wheel came, Ms. Pey. They only got to pick a handful from the 7 of us by the end of 2008. Luckily I got in, and my bestfriend as well, good job eh? I'm deployed here in Quezon City and she'll be at The Fort. Now we'll just have to prove our worth as professionals.

Alongside this are our side trips. I was opened to a door of new horizon that didn't even count as an interest in my 23 years of existence, mountaineering. I'm so engrossed with urban life and yes I do advocate the preservation of our forest and the like but experiencing the nature in a different way was really a new thing for me, I GOT SUPER EXCITED!

Mt. Anawangin devirginized me. We, some of the cathlab staff, actually went there November last year but only to the cove by boat not by mountain traverse. So it was basically an outing the first time. But January this year I really want to try it big time, "I'm going to climb a mountain!" And I did, and it was dead hard! There was actually a time in the middle of the climb when I thought that 'this is crazy, this is indeed down right crazy, and I can't believe this is really happening', good thing with our pack is our beloved Dr. Nick who's already around 50. Why? Because despite of his youthful strength and disposition, he's a newbie as well, like me. So every time he pauses for a break I could not help but clap, I don't want 'the delay' come from a 24 year old who seems to be fit, from me! Upon reaching the summit it was majestic. All is worth! Now the only thing I have to do is go down to the cove, it was seductively inviting but it's too far and it's scorching hot. The trek going down is fast but dangerous and 'dunged' by the stowaway tamaraws. hehe

For the second time I was captivated by the cove, I was again mesmerized by the different facets of it, the lush greens of the pine trees, the rocky side of the beach, the smooth side of it, and the breakwater part.

These were some of our pictures, courtesy of Dr. Nick. The last two are mine.


Truly a breakaway from stress. Next stop would be Mt. Pinatubo. Next blog I'll probably write my full account of Anawangin.

Back to reality. Reality isn't that nice but we have to live it. It's a balance.

These were the highlights of my life these past few months, alongside this is an inspiration that I held onto. Without it some part won't be bearable.

By the way, just a little story, I'm almost 38,000 PHP poorer. In my line of work I can't make any mistakes because everything is important. I was mistakenly given a go signal to open a 14K sterile item which won't be needed. Then just yesterday a housekeeper crumpled and disposed two items, 12K each, under my custody. Brilliant! I'm just new and I have these under my badge!

A lesson for me, a lesson for us.

Oh another one, last weekend I watched "You Changed My Life" twice, Saturday and Sunday at Robinson's Galleria! Just like Sarah and John Lloyd's 1st team up "A Very Special Love" which I watched twice as well. hehe, bentang-benta!

No comments:

Post a Comment